Sunday, November 20, 2011

Following Christopher Creed

A long time ago, I read one of my all time favorite books- The Body of Christopher Creed. It is a fantastic mystery and every book by Carol Plum-Ucci that I have read since have been great. But there was always the mystery of what had really happened to Chris Creed. So imagine my surprise when I saw that she had written a sequel. As I started my long overdue week off of Thanksgiving break, I allowed myself to read in half hour shifts between grading Bill of Rights projects. I definitely enjoyed going back to the characters that had made me love the first book, but it was told by a new narrator, a blind, college reporter who had followed the story of Chris Creed and returned to Creed's hometown when a body is uncovered in the woods. As Mike tries to help Creed's younger brother Justin come to terms with his missing brother and his drug abuse, he is embroiled in the "bad frequency" the town seems to give off. Mike, himself, is running from a shady and difficult past, and finds himself relating all to well to Justin's problems. When Torey Adams and Bo Richardson come back to town for a funeral, Mike angles for a way to get an interview with his online heroes (Torey wrote a blog about Chris Creed). What did Justin have to do with the dead body, where is Chris Creed, and who is Mike really? I must say, I didn't see the end coming- which I usually do. Shocking twist that really made me love this book. A worthy sequel to Chris Creed and yet another fine read by Carol Plum-Ucci. But don't take my word for it- go back to the original first and you won't regret it. 7 days left of vacation, 7 more reports to grade and many more books to enjoy. Happy reading my friends! And Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...