Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The False Prince

When I read the review of this book, it was billed as a young adult version of The Game of Thrones. I don't know if I agree with that, but I LOVED it all the same. Sage is an orphan on the streets of Carthya. He is crafty, intelligent and a bit of a trouble maker. (so of course I love him) When the royal family is murdered, he is taken by Conner to perpetrate a great sham. Conner is looking for an imposter to play the role of the lost at sea Prince Jaron, who would be next in line to the throne. He takes four boys and makes them compete to become the prince, with the fate of the other three not left to the imagination. Sage wants nothing to do with the plan and sabotages it every step of the way. He hates Conner and the lies he is planning to tell. But if he runs, Conner will hunt him down and kill him. The boys are trained in all the royal arts- swords, horses, history and dancing. A mute servant girl, Imogen, catches Sage's eye as she nurses him back from his many wounds. Conner's man Mott, is also a help to Sage as he navigates the treacherous road he finds himself on. Will he go along with Conner's plan or does he have a plan of his own? Twist alert!!! Such a great ending to the beginning of this trilogy. I couldn't put this book down- started yesterday, finished this morning! Sage is a great character and I look forward to spending several more books with him. Yes, top ten boy list. (I do believe I am over ten though, but who is counting.) Better get going so I can get to my textbook training later- just want to get on to the next book. Happy reading my friends.

2 comments:

  1. This book is on my summer reading list, after reading you review, it moves to the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Thanks for my first comment. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...