Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Underworld

Ah... love. Such a great way to start summer vacation. Pierce and John. Young love. Of course, John is a couple hundred years old and king of the Underworld, but does that really matter? In the sequel to Abandon, Pierce is coming to terms that she must live in the Underworld with John for eternity and she is torn. On the one hand, she gets to live for eternity with John. On the other hand, she must live in the Underworld and give up her family forever. Oh the problems of teenagers. John and Pierce struggle to make their difficult relationship work, especially because Pierce keeps convincing him to take her back home for various reasons, which of course give the Furies a chance to get at her. This novel introduces some fun new characters who live in the Underworld with John, former shipmates of his. There is a fair amount of peril, smoldering looks and mystery surrounding the mysterious past of John, his father and the Rector family. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, especially since a student bought it for me because she knew how much I loved the first one. I look forward to Awaken,  the final? book in the trilogy. As always, John, for all his faults and shady ways, remains in that top ten list. Tall, dark and handsome get me every time. What to read next... so many sequels, do I start with Jace and Clary or Tris...? I'll let you know when I'm finished. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...