Friday, June 29, 2012

Fair Coin

I've been shuttling in between two books this week. Neither one of them has really grabbed my attention. I finished this one first. Fair Coin by E.C. Meyers is about a boy named Ephraim who finds a coin that allows him to make wishes. His mother is an alcoholic and his life is not so great. He makes his first wish and off he goes. Of course, you know the saying- be careful what you wish for. Things don't always wind up like the thinks they will and he continues to make wishes to fix the ones before. After one of these wishes, his best friend Nathaniel turns up and informs him the coin does not grant wishes, it allows him to travel to alternate dimensions where his analogs are living their own reality. One of the Nate's is not so nice and takes Eph on a wild ride through the dimensions, while Eph tries to figure out a way to get the device out of Nate's hands. This is an interesting premise, but I was underwhelmed by the book. There were many universes to keep track of, with many problems. It may interest someone who is really into dimension travel and all it can entail. Eph is a likeable enough guy and one of the Zoe's is an interesting girl. I would have liked more of her backstory. All and all this was a flat liner for me. Off to finish the other book I was reading this week. Hopefully it gets better. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...