Sunday, July 1, 2012

Croak

So I tried to go back to the other book I have been reading, but to no avail. Instead I picked up this little gem by Gina Damico. It is a story about Lex. She is one angry teenager. All of a sudden this straight A student has turned into a truculent, obnoxious brawler. Her parents don't know what to do with her and her twin, Cordy, is beside herself. They decide to send her to live with her Uncle Mort in Croak. She thinks she'll be working on a farm. Guess again! She finds out her uncle is a Grim Reaper and that she  has quite the talent for it herself. She meets lots of interesting people and finally feels like she has found the place she belongs. Along with her partner Driggs, who is of course a super hot guy, they quickly become the best team in Croak. That is, until they start noticing strange deaths that can only be attributed to another Grim. Lex and her friends try and figure out what is happening and wind up in some dreadful situations. This book is filled with humor, which I love. I mean the twins are named after the first battles of the Revolutionary War for goodness sakes! Lex is a smart aleck and her relationship with Driggs is really fun- and at times violent- in a playful way. I have reached that point in my life that I am more interested in her Uncle, who is a fantastic character, than the younguns, but all in all I really enjoyed this book. I look forward to more tales of Uncle Mort and Croak as Lex begins her quest to find a killer. So if you happen to get lost in the town of Croak, prepare to pay a fine and mysteriously be led back on your way. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...