Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fire Will Fall

I just finished the sequel to Streams of Babel by Carol Plum-Ucci. She sure knows how to tell a tale and still leave you wanting to know more. This sequel follows the story of the Trinity 4 and the two v-spys who saved them. They are recovering in a mansion in the Pine Barrens, when the terrorists decide to try out some new strains of Q3 on the kids. While they try and deal with the sickness they have, they need to decide how they want to live what lives they have left. Cora is trying to deal with her horrible mother issues, Scott needs something to do to keep himself busy, Rain just wants to fall in love and start her "normal" life, Shahzad wants to keep hacking, Tyler wants to be taken seriously and Owen wants to die so he can be with his mother and the Saints. The adults in their lives try their best to help the kids while keeping them alive and safe from the terrorists. They are in peril at all times, if not from outside sources, from the diseases they each carry. As romance blooms, the couples try and figure out how to be together while still being true to themselves. I don't know if there was a happy ending, I am super torn about that. But life doesn't always have happy endings so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. My favorite characters are Scott and Shahzad. They are very interesting and not your typical jock/computer nerds. I don't think there is another book in this series, but I suppose there could be in the future. The bad guys are still out there and the kids all face challenges as they get healthy. Another great read by this fantastic author. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...