Thursday, March 22, 2012

MIsfit

So after my one book break from the supernatural- I picked up Misfit by Jon Skovron. It is the story of Jael, a sixteen year old girl whose father is an ex-priest and her mother an ancient demon. Need I go on? Jael has always known of her parentage but her father refused to talk about her mother. They spent much of her life moving from one place to another, running before she could make friends. On her sixteenth birthday, her father gives her a gift from her mother, a necklace, and tells her she can never wear it. Did I mention she was 16? So obviously, she puts it on and learns of her true self. She is a halfbreed and the necklace contains her demon half. She convinces her father and demon uncle to put it back in her and she becomes GPS to the evil Grand Duke Belial whose mission in life is to kill her. As Jael tries to protect her friends, get in touch with her demon side and learn things about her mother, she must find a way to channel her power to defeat Belial. This was a good read, but not my favorite by a long shot. The love story is really weak and I didn't feel overly connected to any of the characters. It was a pleasant enough way to pass the time, but I don't think I would eagerly await a sequel. 4 days until Hunger Games... now that is worth waiting for. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...