Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cinder... not ella

By strange circumstances, I ordered this book- Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It went in my ever growing pile of books to read. On parent conference day- I stuck it in my bag in case I had a few minutes (hours) to read while waiting for parents to show up. Our librarian sat down at my table and said- "Have you heard of this book Cinder ? I pulled it out of my bag and said "As a matter of fact..." Long story short- on February 24th, Marissa Meyer is coming to our school to talk about her first book. It is a great one. The story is as old as time- Cinderella. But told in a way you would never expect. Cinder is a mechanic... and a cyborg. She had been in a terrible accident and in order to save her, they had to replace some parts with mechanical devices- her foot, her hand and somethings in her spine. By chance she meets Prince Kai when he came looking for a mechanic to help fix his android. Tale as old as time-so you know the rest. Evil Queen of the Moon, forbidden love, evil stepmother, misunderstanding, a royal ball- and a lost.. wait for it- foot. Cinder, is not who she thinks she is. She is not who Kai thinks she is. She is, however, exactly who Evil Queen Levana thinks she is, and Levana will do everything in her power to make sure Cinder is dead. The book leaves you hanging- will Cinder escape from prison, will Kai ever believe who she really is and can he really ever love a cyborg? Once upon a time, there was a cyborg and a prince who fell in love with her. Will they live happily ever after? Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...