Monday, December 31, 2012

The Crimson Crown

I wanted to end 2012 with a great read. So I spent the last two hours finishing the 4th book in the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. What a way to go ! I love this series. It is one of my all time favorites and book four was no exception. Han Alister is sitting atop my fictional boy list with a Crimson Crown on his head. This book finds him and Raisa trying to hold the queendom together. All the factions are fighting and they have no intention of working together to make the kingdom strong. As they try and figure out a way to marry- a new enemy arrises that puts all the factions in danger. There are very few people Raisa can trust and when Han disappears, she considers surrender, until her friends step up and give her strength. Everyone is out for themselves and Raisa is pulled in so many directions and the only direction she is interested in is Han's. Han gives a speech about all the reasons he loves her that will make a grown woman weep, and she did. I mean who doesn't want someone to say those words about her. As for Raisa, she decides that in a world where there is no one she can trust, she can trust Han. They find a way to unite the kingdom, but at great cost. Many major characters are victims, some good, some bad. When all is said and done, Raisa finds a family- the kind that may not be related to her. One that will help her change the old ways and make her queendom a better place. I love Crow and his help. He is an interesting character that gave Han a hand when it was needed. I am sad that I will have to leave them now and hope this is not the end. The threats are not over for the couple, and new enemies have been made. But for now, I end the year with happy heart for these great characters. I look forward to a new year of great reading. Happy New Year and happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...