Thursday, September 5, 2013

Finale

It was with trepidation that I finally picked up this final book in the Becca Fitzpatrick series about Nora and Patch. The last book had me so annoyed at Nora I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish the series. Am I glad I did. Nora is back to her fighting self and Patch is as brooding and wonderful as ever. Nora has taken over as leader of the Nephilim and must figure out how to stay in power or she will die. Literally. They are in a battle with the fallen angels over fealty. Nora is surrounded by people she can't trust, even people she has to rely on to survive. But the bright side is Patch. He is her stalwart boyfriend. He will move heaven and earth to keep her safe. Literally. As they realize that the betrayal they are facing runs deep, they have to find a way to save Nora and the Nephilim, even if it means putting Patch in mortal danger. We lose some great characters in this book and I bid them a fond farewell, there are always casualties in a battle between heaven and earth. Trust me, I've read enough angel books to know. But the love story of Patch and Nora doesn't disappoint. I hope that doesn't give anything away, but anything less than a happily ever after just wouldn't do. Patch remains my favorite angel and top ten fictional boy. Nora is back on the no damsels in distress list. I am sad the saga is over, but glad that I can put these characters on the "they will live forever together" list. (which I can't do with Will and Tessa because I had to watch Will die of old age, dang it. It still makes me sad.) Sorry, I digress. I have a new load of books arriving tomorrow, and look forward to some sequels to some great books, if I can fight Rylee for them. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...