Friday, February 14, 2014

Crown of Embers

On this Valentine's Day, I send a valentine to Hector, head of the Queen's Guard, loyal and faithful defender of the realm and true love of Queen Elisa. This second book by Rae Carson, finds Elisa trying to rule her country after the death of her husband, Kind Alejandro. There are plots to kill her coming from every direction and the people she can trust seems to shrink every day. To add to that, she finds herself falling in love with Hector, which as you know, can lead nowhere as she must marry for the sake of her country. To add insult to injury, her guardian, Ximena, wants Hector to marry her sister Alodia. Elisa must go on a mission to find the source of her Godstone's power, and if she succeeds, she will become the most powerful ruler in the land. The journey is fraught with danger. She travels with a former traitor, an enemy, and Hector. They must escape one ambush after the next. When she finds the source, it will claim more than she is willing to give. She will be betrayed by one she trusts. She will find a friend in one she doesn't. She will be forced to become the Queen her friends know she can be if she wants to save the one she loves and her country. I'm so glad I didn't find this series until all three books were already out. I would not have been patient enough to wait. As it is, I have already started the last book and am eager to find a comfy place to sit and enjoy it on this four day weekend. I love how strong Elisa is becoming and of course, Hector is a fine addition to my fictional boy list. He can hang out with Chaol from Throne of Glass. Elisa can hang out with Raisa, and I get to hang out with all of them. Happy reading my valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...