Friday, December 26, 2014

Blue Lily, Lily Blue

I have yet to meet a Maggie Stiefvater book I didn't like and this one is not the exception. Blue Lily is the third part of the Raven Cycle. This is the magical, mystical quest of four friends. Gansey, the prince, Ronan, the rebel, Adam, the outsider and Blue, the girl who holds sway over all of them. They are on a quest to wake a mythical king named Glendower so he can grant them a wish. Gansey has been on this quest for much of his life and has drawn his gifted friends into the quest with him. They all have reasons to need a favor from the sleeping king- but the most important one is to save Gansey's life. See Blue has foreseen his death and time is running out. She loves Gansey but she knows she will kill her true love with a kiss, so that kinda puts a monkey wrench into their love story. In this third book, Blue's mother disappears, Adam comes into his power over the ley line and Gansey gets closer and closer to finding his king, also getting closer and closer to his end. Blue must navigate all this while trying to remain neutral among the boys. I don't know which Raven Boy I love the most, so I won't pick... right now I'm still leaning toward Ronan- I mean who doesn't love a snarly bad boy who can pull things from his dreams and speaks (?) fluent Latin??? This is a series about friends, a quest and the desire to fit in while standing out. Start at the beginning and join the team on their quest to wake the sleeping king. You won't be disappointed! Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...