Sunday, September 13, 2015

Extraction

In two weeks we are having four authors come and visit. Stephanie Diaz is one of them so I figure that it is my responsibility to read at least one of each of their books. I finished Zodiac by Romina Russell and I ordered the other books. Before this one arrived I started Sarah Dessen's new book- which is immediately addicting, but I had to put it down when my box arrived. I decided to start with this one. I planned to read about 50 pages a day so I could get the 3 books remaining finished by the 25th. Day one and 350 pages later, I realized that there was no way to put this book down. And that math has no place in my reading life.  It is the story of Clementine. She lived on the surface of her planet. Her life expectancy is short. She has no family, only Logan, the boy she may love. She has one chance to get off the surface and go to the Core. But she must be Promising. She must make it to Extraction, where she will be allowed to live a long and prosperous life. Or so she's told. But this would mean leaving Logan behind and never seeing him again. He didn't make Extraction and his fate is to live a few more years and then be replaced. When Clementine is selected, she finds that life in the Core isn't all it is promised and that she will have to do things that go against her beliefs if she wants to survive. She is determined to find a way to save Logan. None of her new life is what she expects and she soon finds herself running from the very people she thought would save her. I really enjoyed this book. It reminds me of Atlantia by Allie Condie. I couldn't put it down. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series, of course, I don't have book two- only book three. Typical. I guess I'll have to force myself to go to the bookstore to get the next one. In the meantime, I'm on to the next author and I don't think I'll be able to put this one down either! If only there were no papers to grade... at least I'm done with Hell on Wheels for now, so I'll have more time to read. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...