Friday, July 2, 2021

Witches Steeped in Gold

I receive several book box subscriptions for YA books. This was in the last one I got. It is the story or rival tribe leaders. Both girls are doing everything they can to protect their people and their ways of life. Unfortunately, they have the history of deceit and treachery to overcome. As one girl plots to kill her mother, the other is an empress in hiding. Neither is ready to lead, neither is willing to trust the other and neither have an easy path of decisions to make. Jazmyne has placed her trust in Kirdan and a group of rebels trying to overthrow her mother But Jazmyne may not be ready to kill her own mother. Iraya puts her trust in no one. She must break out of prison to get close enough to kill Jazmynes's mother and get her tribe back in control, but she has not interest in leading them. Both girls face moral dilemmas that could impact the fate of the people counting on them. I found it interesting that their powers derived from gold, it is very similar to another book I have recently read, which I will also be adding to this blog.This is not a genre I would normally gravitate to, which is why I joined the subscriptions. That being said, I had a hard time liking any of the characters in this book. I couldn't trust any of their motives, which bothered me. But it was filled with twists, turns and characters who were not who they said they were and at the end of the day, it was a cliffhanger. I don't know that I'd read the sequel, but I am glad to have read a book that took me into a different world. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...