Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Maze Runner

As our school librarian said to me last week- you haven't read this YET? Well, I can now say I have. Maze Runner is about a boy named Thomas who wakes up in a box. As he is lifted out, he is greeted by a community of boys who have no idea how they got there in the Glades- and this ain't Florida my friends. The community is surrounded be a GIGANTIC maze that the boys have to try and solve. Only the runners are allowed to be in the maze and Thomas is sure he wants to be a runner, in fact, he remembers he once was a runner. When an accident happens and Thomas finds himself in the maze after dark, he realizes that he has been there before and even worse, others seem to know this too and hate him. When a girl shows up in the box, all heck breaks loose and he has a weird connection to her- they can communicate in their minds. She has somehow triggered "the ending". And when the city walls don't close and the sun doesn't come out, and the Grievers come looking for one victim a night, Thomas knows he has to do something. Only one problem, it looks like a suicide mission. This was an okay book, I think my students would really like it, and I may read the sequel- The Scorch Trials eventually. I am eagerly awaiting the release of my FAVORITE adult authors' first YA book next week. I'll let you know how that goes. In the meantime, look out for Grievers, and keep searching for the solution to the maze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...