Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Moon and More

Oh Sarah Dessen. Every time. The latest addition to the heart wrenching stories that Sarah Dessen creates is the story of Emaline. A beach girl from Colby, (yes, home of Auden) in the summer before college. She has a blended family, an absent father, a longtime boyfriend and sand between her toes. When her father comes to town for the summer with her stepbrother, Emaline must resolver her shaky relationship with him. She is pulled into the world of a New York filmmaker and her assistant. She experiences the heartbreak of losing her long time love. She gets pulled into a new romance that seems exciting at first, but does not turn out to be the Best Thing Ever. (And I'm glad, I didn't like Theo at all. Team Luke all the way!) Emaline navigates the world of summer rentals, her family and her best friends, all while trying to decide who she truly is and what she wants for her future. Does she really want to leave Colby and see the world, does she want to make peace with her father, or will she follow her own dreams? Wow, this was a one day read that I have been putting off because these books always leave me with a pit in my stomach. They are filled with such great characters that seem so alive and true. I want to live in Colby and meet the people and walk on the boardwalk. I'll skip the shrimp burgers though! So for those of you who already know what it is to read a Sarah Dessen book, enjoy! For those of you who come to this as a new experience, welcome. -sigh- Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...