Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Dream Thieves

Ok, so the pressure was on. Rylee threatened to finish The Raven Boys tonight and would need this book for the weekend. I never turn down a challenge so I came home, parked myself on the patio and finished the sequel, The Dream Thieves. Now if I tried to explain what this book was about, it would turn into a one hundred page summary that still wouldn't be clear. So I will say this, read the first one and get hooked into the world of Henrietta, where the Aglionby boys and the girl they all adore, are able to do magical things on their quest to wake Glendower, the king who will grant a wish. This book finds Ronan learning to use the power/curse he is born with. Adam must come to terms with who he really is. Noah has to find enough energy to materialize. Gansey must keep his friends together while not abandoning his quest and Blue must stop herself from kissing her one true love. Add to this mix the arrival of Mr. Gray, the hitman, sent to find the Greywaren. He didn't expect to fall in love with Blue's mother, which really puts a crimp in his plans. This is a mystical world, filled with monsters, powers, psychics and at it's heart, a love story. I can't get enough of Maggie Stiefvater's books. She creates the most fabulous characters, who even when they are dastardly, you can't help but love them! (Declan) The twists and turns will keep you wondering what will happen next and I for one, am looking forward to the next book. Because we all know, book two always leaves you hanging. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...