Sunday, January 12, 2014

Untold

I often mention which fictional boys make my top ten list. But I must say, if I had a top ten girls list, Kami Glass would be number one. This plucky heroine stars in the sequel to one of my favorite recent books Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. She is smart, loyal, and hilariously clever. She never lets anyone down and will fight to the death to protect those she considers family. And lucky for Jared Lynburn, he is at the top of her list. See, Jared spends much of his time moping and sulking because he can't have what he wants, which is mainly Kami. If he would just tell her the truth, much of the angst of this book would have been non-existent, but then it wouldn't have had the raging conflict it had. In part two of this series, Rob Lynburn is gathering his forces to take back Sorry-in-the-Vale for the sorcerers. Kami and her friends are trying to prevent this from happening and team up with Rob's wife Lillian who wants to stop him. Both Ash and Jared are powerful sorcerers, but are mostly untrained. And now that Kami is no longer Jared's source, his power isn't as great. The book builds to the climax on the winter solstice when a blood sacrifice will be made to solidify Rob's power. The gang tries to fight back, but when Kami's little brother is taken, all bets are off. I adore this series, it is SO clever and funny and edge of your seat exciting. I love Jared and Angela and omgosh even Rusty. I think Kami is delightful and a Nancy Drew of a supernatural variety. I will anxiously await the next book in this series and go to work tomorrow and rehash this one with Rylee. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...