Saturday, April 12, 2014

illusion

Man, I love Nick Gautier. I could end my review right there. Enough said. If you've read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Chronicles of Nick series you already know why I love him. If you haven't, I almost envy you because you can start at the beginning of this series and experience Nick for the first time. Because right now, I am sad that I finished this book in a day and have to wait for the next installment. That being said, Nick has woken up and found himself in another dimension in another incarnation of himself. It is all wrong, his friends are normal, his mother is married to Bubba and is rich, and worst of all, he is now short. His powers are gone and he doesn't know who to turn to help get him back to his realm. And all the evil things in the world are coming to get him. He is the Malachai, the most powerful being in the universe who is set to destroy the world. His girlfriend Kody, who was sent to kill him, has to do everything in her power to try and get him back, all the while knowing that he is the one who will destroy her and all she loves in the future. But Nick is not what he is supposed to be, because he has know love all his life. His mother has shielded him from the anger and hatred that should be second nature to him. Nick is the most sarcastic, annoying and hilarious character. He loves fiercely and loyally. He would do anything for his friends, which number both human and demon. He doesn't want to become his father. But none of that may be under his control. His band of compadres help him out. Caleb, Ash, Simi, Kody, Bubba and the rest try and find a way to put Nick back in his body and stop the end of days. But Nick's kindness may be his undoing as he seems to bring someone back who may counteract all the good he is trying to do. The only thing I missed in this episode was Kyrian, he's one of my faves. But I 'm sure he will be back in the next book- fingers crossed. So ma chere's, I hope you jump into Nick's world and enjoy it as much as I do, and if you're already enjoying some jambalaya with Cherise, you won't be disappointed in his latest adventure. Happy reading my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...