Saturday, December 12, 2015

Carry On

Well, Rainbow Rowell is three for three. First I fell in love with Eleanor and Park. Then Fangirl. And now Carry On. This is the story of Simon Snow and Baz, the fictional characters that Cath writes about in Fangirl. Rowell has taken this story within a story and made it a story of it's own. Confused? Don't be. This is a story that stands on it's own. It is a Harry Potter for a more mature audience. Simon is at Watford School for Magicians. He is roommates with his evil archenemy Baz Pitch. Pitch is a vampire, maybe. He is always out to kill Simon, maybe. They will be the death of each other, maybe. Simon has his faithful sidekick Penny and his uninterested girlfriend Agatha. He is seemingly always about to be killed by some horrible monster and has no control of his immense store of magic. He is the Mage's Heir. He is destined for great things. He just doesn't know what. There is an unlikely love story that I loved. There is magic. Heroic deeds. And the most hilarious spells ever! This is an amazingly funny story with a touching heart. I couldn't get enough. It is told from many points of view which gave great insight into everyone's perspective. I can't say enough nice things about this book. I'm sad it's over. I don't think there will be more, but I will cast my spell, I wish I may, I wish I might that this isn't the last I've read about Simon and Baz. If you haven't spent any time in Rainbow Rowell's worlds, run, don't walk to the nearest place to get books and take your pick. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...