Saturday, September 10, 2016

Mark of the Thief

I absolutely loved Jennifer Nielsen's other series, The Shadow Throne. This series takes place in ancient Rome. Nic is a slave toiling in the mines. But he has the heart of a free person. When he has the chance to escape with a cursed bulla filled with magic, he takes it. On the back of a mythical griffin. But Nic has made a promise to protect his sister and he has seriously ticked off General Radul, who wants what Nic has stolen.Then again, everyone wants what Nic has stolen because the magic it possesses will enable the holder to conquer and rule all of Rome. This is a nice book for a younger student or less savvy reader. I liked it enough to finish it, but don't think I would recommend it to most of my 8th graders. I think a sixth grader who likes the Percy Jackson books would enjoy spending some time with Nic and friends. It's always nice to have a male main character in YA books, they are few and far between. With that, I just received my box with A Torch Against the Night in it, so I'm off to get started on this much awaited sequel. And then it's back to Aelin, Rowan, and Dorian and the heartbreak I'm sure Sarah Maas will cause. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...