Monday, October 31, 2016

Empire of Storms

If you aren't already reading this series, this will mean nothing to you. All I can say is go to the beginning and read Assassin's Blade and you begin the adventure of your reading life. I cannot tell you how fast you will fall in love with these characters. I cannot tell you how your heart will ache at the end of each book. What I can say about Sarah Maas's book is that they are wholly addicting. They revolve around Aelin/ Celaena. (Stop reading if you haven't read this series) She is the lost Queen of Terranes. She is surrounded by her court. Rowan- Fae Prince, Aedion, her cousin, Dorian,her dearest friend, Lysandra, the shape shifter, Manon the witch. They, who should be foes, must team up to defeat the ancient evil Erawen and the Fae Queen Maeve. They are undermanned, undersupplied and even though they have massive powers, they may not have enough to lock Erawen away. But Aelin has many tricks up her Fireheart sleeves. She will do anything to save her people as well as her family of friends. The cost, however, will be more that this reader can bear. I could tell you all the horrible things that happen. I could tell you that this is a love story at it's core. I could tell you that it won't stay with you after the last page. But that my friends, is not true. I love the world that exists in these stories. I love the characters that she has created. I am terrified how this will all end- can they all survive the war they are in? The odds are not favorable. Until then, if you read this series, you know what I am talking about, if you aren't you should have already stopped reading. Either way, what a ride! Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...