Sunday, November 27, 2016

Crooked Kingdom


I am such a fan of this author. I loved the Grisha series and I think I may love this series even more. This is the sequel to Six of Crows the story of Kaz Brekker and his gang who run the streets trying to survive in the time of the Grisha. Kaz is broken, not only in body, but in spirit and the crew he surrounds himself with will have to try and bring him back from the dark place he dwells in. He has just gotten Inej back, the Wraith, who he loves more than he will ever admit. Jesper, the crackshot, who longs for Kaz’s approval is determined to help Wylan get revenge on his evil father Jan Van Eck. Wylan, the illiterate son of a wealthy businessman who finally admits that his father is not ever going to be the man he hoped for. Then there is Nina, the Grisha Tailor, who may have lost her powers after her run in with jurda parem. She will rely on Matthias, who must overcome his hatred and distrust of Grisha, to  bring her back from death to find a reason to live again. This crew faces challenges from within and without and must use all the cunning of the streets to break those who oppress them and leave them with nothing. I love the way this is set in the same universe as the Grisha series and several make the crossover. My favorite being Strumhold- man I missed that guy. From the beautiful cover art to the bright red pages, this book was an adventure from start to finish. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...