Sunday, November 27, 2016

Unhooked

I loved the premise of this book, Captain Hook as hero. Pan as villain. Gwen is kidnapped from London and brought to Neverland. But up is down and she is in the clutches of Captain Hook- a young Hook of course. He tries to convince her that Pan is evil, but Gwen is stubborn and believe the stories she was told as a child. She escapes with Pan in hopes of finding her friend Olivia, who was kidnapped with her. But Pan is not the Pan of stories. Nor is Gwen a mere mortal. She is a pawn in a deadly game to wake the sleeping Fay Queen. It's tough to decide who to trust when nothing is clear. She must make herself remember her life or be lost to Neverland forever. I don't know if I would recommend this book. I didn't really like any of the characters too much, except Hook. I think the ending was super sad and unsatisfactory. Like I said at the beginning I liked the idea of the hero, villain switch, but as I read somewhere this week, all villains are the heroes of their own stories. I wanted more from Gwen, but that may be because I spent the week reading books with dynamic heroines in them. If you love the tale of Peter Pan, this is a definite twist you may enjoy. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...