Thursday, June 28, 2018

Valkyrie

Freya is about to go on her first reaping. She is a Valkyrie- the Reapers of  Norse mythology. She is the youngest of the Valkyrie (but still 600 years old) and she has no interest in dealing with humans. She is tired of their wars, tired of the constant fighting and drinking in Valhalla and just not excited about joining her sisters on the battlefields. As she reaps her first soldier, Tyrone, she is surprised to find that he has no interest in joining the brave soldiers in Valhalla, he just wants to find a way to help his family. He makes Freya promise to go to Earth and find his family and make sure they are ok. But leaving Asgard and going to Earth is forbidden by Odin and the consequences of getting caught are severe. Loki helps Freya cross the Bifrost and make her way to find Tyrone's family. But she is distracted by Archie, who is about to get a beatdown by bullies at his school. Freya is fuming over this treatment and decides to step in and help Archie. This sets in motion a series of events that can cause nothing but trouble for Freya even as she decides to risk everything to help these humans she thought she hated. Freya is a feisty little Valkyrie with a good heart. The novel was for a younger audience and has a nice moral. As my girl Rylee said as I was reading it, (in regards to a romance) that the author would find a way to make it work and lo and behold I think she did. I really like mythology so I enjoyed that aspect but I don't know if I'd read the rest of the series. I will recommend it to the appropriate reader though- you can never have enough tough girl characters. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...