Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Conspiracy of Kings

     One of my all time favorite characters is The Thief of Attolia- Eugenides. I have followed him through 3 books as he went from thief to king. This is the fourth book of the series. If follows his friend Sophos, on his quest to become King of Sounis. Gen works behind the scenes to assure the success of his friend and the survival of his people. I enjoyed watching Sophos change from a spoiled boy to a clever and courageous king. I also enjoy the very different queens of Attolia and Eddis and the intertwined relationships they have with Gen and Sophos. There is a lot of intrigue and mystery to this book as Sophos is held captive and has to work his way free. You are also unsure whose side Gen may be on. All and all it was a good book, but unless you have read the other three, I wouldn't start here. I would recommend you go back and read The Thief where you will see Gen get his start. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...