Friday, January 6, 2012

The Gray Wolf Throne

I ended 2011 with Will Herondale and start 2012 with Han Alister. I love when I find a series that has a couple of books already out so I don't have to wait for sequels. The Seven Realms series is one of those. Of course, I am now caught up and have to wait for the next one with everyone else. This is one of my favorite series for many reasons. 1. There is a strong female character- Raisa- future queen of the Fells,  who is determined to make her queendom a better place. 2. Han- the streetlord turned wizard, who can't decide if he loves Raisa or hates her. 3. Amon Byrne- loyal best friend and captain of the guard, who chooses duty over his love for Raisa and 4. Crazy political intrigue between all the factions with an interest in the Fells and the Seven Realms. What is it about a bad boy turned hero that gets me every time? Han, Amon and Raisa spend this book trying to survive in order to get Raisa home in time for her coronation. There is a murder mystery, an internal struggle for power and the enduring love story between Han and Raisa. And what the heck is Micah Bayar's deal? Can't decide what side he is really on and what his game is. The end of this novel leaves Raisa in  quite a tangle. She is most definitely very outspoken and this does not always sit well with those she disagrees with. Can she marry for love, or must she marry for political gain? Will Han stick around if he doesn't get what he wants- Raisa all to himself? Will Reid Nightwalker win his bid for the queen's heart? AHHHHHHH! I loved this book and will continue to look forward to any sequels that are to come- So, Han sits atop my top fictional boy list, even though he is a blonde, for the time being. What to read next?? Hmmm, have to check the pile. Happy Reading in 2012 my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...