Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dead to You

Lisa McMann is one of those writers who makes it easy to read her books. Dead to You is no exception. It is the story of Ethan De Wilde, who was abducted when he was seven. Nine years later, he finds his way home to his family. One problem, he doesn't remember the first seven years of his life or his abduction. And he is strangely protective of the woman who raised him. Ethan tries to find where he fits in this family, trying to reconnect to his little brother and new sister. He goes back to school and makes friends with his neighbor, who he falls for- after all they used to take baths together. He tries hard to remember things about his life before. His brother Blake, though, starts to suspect Ethan isn't who he says he is. As tensions rise between Ethan and Blake and his relationship with Cami takes off- a shocking discovery is made. I will leave you there. Just like Lisa McMann does!! This was a fun, fast, read, that really kept me questioning what Ethan's motives were and whether or not I liked him. Puzzling. I loved the character of Gracie, Ethan's precocious little sister, and she's the one I worry about at the end. I'm hoping this isn't the end of this story, but it could be. If you like this one, check out her Wake trilogy or the creepy Cryer's Cross. Happy Easter and happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...