Saturday, May 25, 2013

Dead Beautiful

I found myself at work the other day getting ready to silent read with the kids and lo and behold, the book I was reading was not in my bag. Luckily, I work in a room full of books so I wandered over to the bookshelves and picked up Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon, thinking I would just read it for the day. Well, that didn't go according to plan. I quickly got sucked into the world of Gottfried Academy, a school for... shall we say, the Undead. Renee has just lost her parents and is sent to the school by her grandfather. There, in quite the Twilight fashion, she meets Dante, the mysterious, beautiful, cold boy. He finds himself feeling alive for the first time in ages and Renee is confused about many things about him. Why is he so cold, how does he heal so fast, why doesn't he eat and why won't he kiss her? As Renee is pulled into one mystery after another, she comes to realize what Dante truly is and why they are drawn together. All is not as it seems at the school and they must figure out a way to try and save each other. One problem though, it is really impossible for them to be together. This book was hard to put down. It had a different premise, but is a pretty typical YA storyline. Girl meets boy, girl falls in love, the couple is torn apart by impossible circumstances, etc. However, it was well worth the time. I will look forward to reading the sequel, as this one leaves off on a major cliffhanger. Summer vacation begins in 5 days and the books are stacked and ready to go read on the beach. Happy Memorial Day weekend my friends and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...