Sunday, November 10, 2013

Unbreakable-The Legion Bk. 1

Whew. That was a fast read. I have been looking forward to reading Kami Garcia's novel as I am a huge fan of the Beautiful Creatures series.  What a ride! Meet Kennedy, a normal girl with a single mom who loves her. Until one night when Kennedy comes home to find her mother has died. A few weeks later as she is getting ready to leave for boarding school, a vengeance spirit tries to kill her. The only thing that saves her is a pair of dreamy brothers, Jared and Lukas- twins who are part of a secret society out to rid the world of a demon. Of course, Kennedy doesn't buy any of this, I mean after all, her mom couldn't have been one of the five members of the Legion. But after much convincing, she realizes her mom may not have told her everything. She joins up with the twins, along with the genius inventor Priest (a fifteen year old wunderkind)  and Alana the granddaughter of a voodoo priestess to find a way to kill the demon Andras. What about a love triangle you ask? Kennedy finds herself drawn to both brothers causing no end of the trouble. But it's Jared, the loner with secrets, that she really falls for. This doesn't make Lukas happy. As the five run around to haunted sights collecting the things they need to rid the world of the demon, more truths come to light that may change everything for Kennedy. Loved this book!~ I couldn't put it down. I think my students will LOVE this as well, boys and girls alike.  The characters are interesting and quirky, the romance is building and the whole thing reminds me of the Winchester brothers and Supernatural. All that's missing is Castiel and his trenchcoat. Can't wait for the next book as I'm sure the road these five are on is a long and winding one. So carry on my wayward sons.... Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...