Saturday, November 9, 2013

Allegiant

You can't always get what you want- isn't that how the song goes? Here we are at the end of the amazing Divergent series by Veronica Roth. Not a happy reader just now. I knew something awful was going to happen because my students have been moping around for a week, urging me to get the the end-even encouraging me to skip to the end but I refused. So I read with dread. If something was to happen to my beloved Four, I may have to give up reading for a while. This book finds Tris, Tobias and friends making their way to the outside of their city. And lo and behold, things are going to be shocking. Their lives have been a careful construct of the people on the outside and nothing they believe about themselves is true. Where does this leave them? Do they remain loyal to their home or to the new world they find themselves apart of? And is it worth the sacrifice of one life to save the masses? The characters must decide just how much they can live with and what they can't live without. Sometimes just plain living can be hard enough and that may be the sign of real bravery- losing it all and still carrying on for those you have lost. I can't say much at this point without giving away the ending of this book, so I won't. I will just say that this series has delivered one unexpected twist after another and has left me with a heavy heart. So girls in my class- I'm off to shed a few tears.  Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...