Friday, November 29, 2013

The Wizard Heir

Have I mentioned that I love Cinda Williams Chima's books? This one just adds to the list of fantastic stories she has told. We find Seph McCauley getting kicked out of yet another school. He has no parents and his guardian has died. Trouble seems to find him, which is no surprise seeing as how he is an untrained wizard. He is sent to the Havens, a boarding school in Maine run by Dr. Gregory Leicester. When Leicester tries to convince Seph to link himself to him, Seph refuses and pays the price. Leicester tortures Seph for a year until Linda Downey comes to rescue him. Yes, Jack Swift's aunt from The Warrior Heir. What is her connection to Seph? Well, she is his guardian who has been looking out for him his whole life, unbeknownst to him. She brings him to Trinity to keep him safe and he moves in with Jack and Becka. He begins his training and is determined to get revenge on Leicester for all the people he has killed. When the council is set to meet to sign a new guild constitution, Leicester unfurls his master plan to get a hold of Seph's power and take down the elusive Dragon, who is vexing the Wizard Council. Seph is used as bait for his "father" who turns out to be someone I am quite fond of actually. As Seph's parents conspire to find a way to save him, it may be Seph who has to save them all. I so enjoy this series, and am sad that I do not have the next book so I can start right away. Chima has seamlessly woven this new character into a landscape I am already entranced by. She has given Seph a family with characters that will do anything for each other. So, if there are to be no more Seven Realms books, I can at least revel in the fact that I have two more Heir books to read. These books are great for those of you who enjoy a little magic with their stories, a little romance and a little intrigue. Enjoy and happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...