Thursday, June 12, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire

If you haven't read the first five books of the Mortal Instruments series, this review isn't for you. If you haven't read the Infernal Devices Trilogy, this book isn't for you. If you fall into one of these categories- WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? This is the perfect conclusion for these amazing characters. Jace and Clary, Isabelle and Simon, Magnus and Alec, Jocelyn and Luke. Wow. The group must find a way to get rid of Clary's brother Sebastian who has been consumed with evil. I could talk about the plot, the characters that don't make it out alive, those that do, but I'm not going to. If you are already a fan of this series, you'll love this. If you are not, you need to start at the beginning. These characters are forever in my top list of fictional people I want to hang out with. Will Herondale has always been number one, but he now must share that throne with his great great... whatever, Jace Herondale. And Jem... oh Jem. I am hopeful that he will be spun off into the new series that was previewed throughout this book There were amazing twists and turns, forgiveness, acceptance and redemption all rolled up into this 700 and something page tome. So many loose ends were tied up, myths explained and new adventures await. Thanks for the ride Ms. Clare. I, for one, await the call to take up arms as a Shadowhunter, maybe I can train with Simon?? Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...