Sunday, November 30, 2014

Darkangel

There is a story of a Darkangel who swoops into a village and takes a maiden for his bride. Once he reaches fourteen maidens, he will be a full vampire and he and his brothers will inherit the earth. Aeriel is just a servant girl. When her master's daughter is taken by the Darkangel, Aeriel is the only one who seeks to find her. She goes looking for the Darkangel to get her friend back, only to be taken by him to be the servant to his 13 wives. These wives have been drained of all life and live like wraiths. Along with the wraiths, there live some gargoyles and a magical dwarf. Aeriel must go on a quest to find a way to kill the Darkangel before his next wife is claimed. It will be a treacherous journey filled with magical creatures. When the time comes to kill the Darkangel, will Aeriel be able to go through with it? Does the creature have any good left in him? If I was truthful, I didn't really care for this story. I felt no connection to the villain, so I couldn't see what Aeriel sees in him. It was not the vampire/angel tale I was expecting. So, read if you will, but I can't muster much enthusiasm for this one. Happy reading my friends and happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...