Saturday, May 25, 2019

Dry

I have never been thirstier than I was reading this book. This is the story of the drought in California. The water has run out. What do you do? How do you deal with the incredible thirst? Do you leave? Do you go to your bunker? Do you attack your neighbors for their supply? Alyssa and Garret are brother and sister. They live next door to Kelton, whose family has been preparing for this day all their lives. When Alyssa's parents disappear on a water run, they set out to find them. Kelton volunteers to go with them to protect them. Along the way they meet Jacqui- a girl who know what it's like to be on her own and Henry- a boy who knows how to work the system. As the kids try and make their way to water, they have to navigate the water zombies, the military and each other. This book was terrifying in the fact that it is a real scenario we may one day face in California. We don't tend to view all the signs as credible and we may find it is too late to fix it one day. I know I want to stock up on all the water I can buy. Shusterman is one of my favorite authors. He has a wide range of books to satisfy most young adult readers. This book was interesting and informative. Read it with a big glass of water next to you. You'll need it! Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...