Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Shadow Wand

Book 3 of the Black Witch Chronicles most definitely takes a turn towards the dark. Elloren and Yvan have to separate to learn how to use their powers and everyone wants to get a hold of them. They are the prophecy that will take down a civilization. Elloren must find a way to harness her immense power as the Black Witch, but those who find out about her are determined to kill her. Or, in Vogel's case, use her to fulfill his own desire for power. The only one who she can turn to for help is her fastmate Lukas Grey. But she isn't sure she can trust him. As they go on the run together, and Elloren gets horrible news about Yvan, her feelings for Lukas grow. Which leads him to make a great sacrifice to help her get away. This is a great series in the spirit of Sarah Maas books- amazing characters each with their own impressive power, working to do what is right. I don't know how Forest will resolve the love triangle, but hearts will be broken no matter what happens I'm sure. I will say I missed Diana and Rafe and Wynter's voices in this book, but there were definitely some  new and interesting characters that kept my attention. I highly recommend this to any fantasy fan. Now, how long until the next one? The waiting game never ends. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...