Sunday, December 13, 2020

Guinevere Deception

 


Who can resist a Camelot legend tale? Not I. So when I saw that this one had a new twist, I knew I'd be hooked from page one. And I wasn't wrong. Guinevere is on her way to meet her new husband Arthur. But Guinevere isn't really Guinevere. The real Guinevere had died and Merlin has replaced her with a changeling. The new Guinevere had magic, which is outlawed in Camelot. She is being sent to protect Arthur and root out the underlying dissent rising against him. She has to be careful, if she is caught she will be sent out of Camelot and Arthur and all he has created will be at risk. Her mission is fraught with danger as she is drawn to the darkness in Mordred and the good in Arthur. Will he become more than just her husband in name only? Will she be able to fill the role of Queen while still rooting out the evil? Guinevere also finds herself being protected by the strange new knight- Lancelot. Lancelot is also trying to find a place in Camelot without revealing too much of their own past. This was an outstanding book. I loved the magical twist, the Merlin machinations and the revelation of this version of Lancelot. I already have the sequel waiting in my pile of Christmas vacation books. I love when a story that is tried and true is turned on it's head. And Kiersten White is an author I auto buy! Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...