Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Exiled Queen

Earlier in the summer I wrote about the first book in this series, The Demon King,  and I loved it. Well, book two is now a memory and a great one at that. I dove back into the world of Han, Amon and Raisa and followed them to school at Oden's Ford. Raisa and Amon go to the soldier school, where Raisa is hiding from the High Wizard and Han and Dancer are attending the Wizard school learning about their unique powers. The love triangle is in full swing between Amon, Han and Raisa as the three finally cross paths again. Each character is trying to navigate the tricky paths of the Seven Realms. Raisa can't decide if she should try and get home to ensure her place as the next Queen of the Fells. Amon has become her sworn protector, but with this position, he is forbidden to love her. Han is trying to learn as much magic as he can as a descendant of the Demon King. And amidst all of this, Micah and Fiona Bayar are trying to work their own magic that may get in the way. I really like this series a lot. My heart is torn between Han and Amon. Raisa is a spunky character who really wants to do what is best for her kingdom. The concluding book comes out on August 2nd. I will read it with mixed emotions. I hope it ends well, with everyone happy, but what are the chances? It's almost time to go back to work, so my reading time is coming to a rapid end. So many books, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...