Monday, July 4, 2011

The Magnolia League

This book is an example of a recommendation that didn't pan out. It is the story of Alex Lee who is living in a commune in Mendocino with her mother. When her mother dies in a car crash, her grandmother in Georgia sends for her. You see, Alex is the next in line to run the Magnolia League, a prestigious group in Savannah. The league, of course, comes with its' own set of rules. See, the league is tied to Hoodoo, a form of magic. The league uses magic to stay pretty, ageless and rich. Of course, with these powers come consequences. This is obviously the first book in what is going to be a series, it totally sets up book two. I, however, will not be rushing to the store to buy it. The characters were SHALLOW and surface. I didn't connect to any of them. It is probably like the Clique books, which I haven't read, with magic. I know this will appeal to some people out there, so if you like books about magic, you may enjoy this one. There aren't any major exciting events, and honestly I couldn't remember the main characters name when I went to write this. It was a pretty simple. light summer read that  I will have forgotten about before the end of my summer reading mission. But, you have to decide for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...