Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Clockwork Prince

Oh, Will Herondale, if only you were a real boy. Will and Jace- can't wait to find out how they are related, but I digress. I love Cassandra Clare's books. They drive me crazy, but I can't stop reading them. This is the second book in the Infernal Devices series, which takes place before the Mortal Instruments series. This is the story of parabatai Will and Jem and the girl they both love- Tessa. Will and Jem are Shadowhunters out to find the evil Mortmain who is trying to raise a clockwork army to destroy the Nephilim. There is the usual intrigue, double crossing, snarky comments and unrequited love commonly found in these books. Some new characters are introduced- brothers Gideon and Gabriel Lightwood. Some old characters play a pivotal role-- Magnus Bane. And there is a lot of Will trying to keep people from loving him. The reasons for that are explained and just when you think you are going to finally have the satisfaction of Will and Tessa confessing their love for each other-= disaster strikes. Tessa's evil brother Nate makes an appearance and one of the Shadowhunter family turns traitor in this sequel. Does it leave you hanging- duh- when doesn't she leave you hanging? Will gets to retain his position as one of my favorite fictional boys, top 5 actually, he is heartbreaking- and I'm a sucker for tall, dark and handsome, who can wield a sword. This series has its own fan base, so I don't need to convince you to dive in, you are probably already in the Shadowhunter pool, so all I will say is Happy Reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...