Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beautiful Redemption

Tear* What a great ending to a fantastic series. Our last Beautiful Creatures novel find us with Ethan in the Otherworld trying to find a way home to Lena. And it finds everyone else mourning the loss of Ethan. Lena- who is desperate for a sign of him. Amma- who is determined to save her boy. Link- who isn't quite sure Ethan will come back. Even Uncle Macon is hoping for some way to make things right for the boy who saved the world. The first half of the book is Ethan's story. The lengths he goes to to let Lena know he is with her and the journey he must take to bring himself back to the world, even if it means leaving his mother again. Ethan's love for Lena is the driving force in his life (death) and he will cross rivers of the dead to make it happen, taking on the most evil forces in the Otherworld. Lena's story has peril of its own as she tries to gather the things Ethan needs to come back to her. Everyone has sacrifices to make to put the world to rights. Some are completely inspiring and others completely heartbreaking. I must say, many tears were shed in the reading of this book. It delivers the message that family isn't just about blood, but about the people who surround you and lift you up when you need it. This is one of my very favorite series and I have enjoyed it immensely. I am sad to see it go, but it didn't stay too long at the dance. I know the movie is coming out soon, kind of ambivalent about it- the actors are not what I picture in my head, but they really never are. So of course I will find my way to the movie theater. I also look forward to whatever these authors have in store for their readers next. Until then, Ethan remains one of my top ten fictional boys and Lena one of the damsels NEVER in distress. Onward to Dreamless, the sequel to the great Starcrossed and the tragic love story of Helen and Luke. I love me a good three day weekend with nothing to distract me except all those pesky papers that need to be graded. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...