Sunday, January 13, 2013

Warm Bodies

And thus ends my weekend of zombie books. It wasn't a plan, but it worked out that way. I just finished this great book by Isaac Marion. It is the story of R. A zombie aimlessly roaming around an airport with a bunch of other aimless zombies. He has a rich inner dialogue, but can only manage a few spoken syllables. Then, while out getting some food, he eats Perry. And falls in love with Julie, a living girl. As he takes Julie back to the airport to keep her safe, he realizes that he may have feeling for her that don't involve eating her. He snacks on Perry's brain and learns many things about Julie, as he was her boyfriend. He and Julie become strangely enough, friends and when Julie leaves to go back with the humans, he follows. He sneaks into the Superdome where the humans are holed up and all hell breaks loose. It seems he and Julie may be the cure to the zombie plague. R has a great sense of humor and is really on a voyage of self discovery with a little help from Perry, who seems to be in his head. Julie finds herself becoming attached to R and decides she will trust him enough to try and change the world with him. I wanted to read this book when I read about it in a magazine and then saw the previews in the movies- with the wonderful Nicholas Hoult. I now can't wait to see this played out on the big  screen. I know it won't be as great as the book, but I'm willing to take the chance. So, three days, three zombie books, and they couldn't have been more different from each other. Highly recommend this love story to life. Onward to the paper grading, if I can stop myself from starting the final Beautiful Creatures book, Beautiful Redemption. Lena and Ethan await. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...