Friday, January 4, 2013

Reached

Ah. There is nothing like finishing a series. Allie Condie's Matched series has come to a satisfying conclusion. In this third and final novel, Cassia, Ky and Xander must do all they can to cure a Plague that is destroying the Provinces. They each hold a piece of the cure and have to work together to figure out how to save each other. The Rising has begun and it is remarkably similar to The Society. Hmmm. The Pilot is revealed as are many of Cassia's family secrets. The love triangle is resolved and the characters have each grown into the adults they were destined to become- Pilot, Poet and Physic. While this isn't my favorite series, I found myself very engaged and quite teary eyed at times. I know the students who read this series will be fighting over this when I put it on my shelf on Monday. Cassia is no longer an innocent teenager who blindly follows what society tells her to do. She has become a young woman with a mind of her own and a confidence to follow her heart. Ky remains steadfast in his love for Cassia. Xander must learn to let go and move on so he can find love and happiness of his own. He becomes a vital part of the new society. All in all, I would recommend this series from start to finish to anyone who likes a good love story-dystopian society style. One more sequel down and on to the next- Bram and Norah. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...