Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Prodigy

I hate bridge books. They are so unsatisfying. Grrrr. So we return to the story of June and Day. One is a good soldier of the Republic, one a rebel out to destroy the Republic. Yes, they are in love. Sort of. This novel picks up with June and Day running from the Republic after the death of June's brother. They are going to go to work for the Patriots so that Day can get his brother freed. When the Elector dies and his son takes over. The pair get involved in a plot to assassinate him. June is the bait and as she gets to know Anden (love triangle alert) she realizes he wants to change thing for the better. She has to get Day to trust him, against all instincts Day has. They run into many problems on their mission and find themselves across the border in the Colonies, where life is supposed to be better. Well, you know the old saying 'The grass is always greener'. Day and June realize the nefarious plot that is going on and must race back to the Republic to help Anden before it 's too late. When they return, June is offered a position as Anden's right hand girl and Day gets some life changing news. Their heartbreaking reunion was more than I could take this day. I know you have to keep your couple separate until the end of the trilogy, but oh my goodness, can you give a reader a break here! This is a great series with some real life underlying commentary about society in general. I love Day and his dedication to his family. I love June and her dedication to doing what is right for her country. I love Day and June together... I guess I'll have to wait for book three and hope something drastic changes. Spring break has begun and so let the reading commence. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...