Thursday, March 21, 2013

Scarlet

Ok, I'm eating my words from my last post. I just finished Scarlet by Marissa Meyer and yes, it's a bridge book, sort of... I am so blown away with how much I love this book. It is the sequel to Cinder, a Cinderella tale with a twist. In Scarlet, the Red Riding Hood fairy tale is BRILLIANTLY incorporated into the series. I don't even know where to start with what I loved the most. Scarlet is looking for her grandmother. She meets Wolf- a street fighter and new addition to my top ten fictional boy list, who helps her on her search for her grandmother. He is fighting his nature and may have a duel purpose on this quest. Cinder is escaping from jail with the HILARIOUS, Thorne, a vain, ego-maniacal thief, who gets in Cinder's way as she escapes and goes along for the ride. Kai is trying to figure out his feelings for Cinder as he feels a little betrayed by her and isn't trusting what he feels for her. He is given the ultimatum of finding Cinder or EVIL Queen Levana will invade Earth. Unless of course he agrees to marry her. Yikes. This book was un-put-downable. When Scarlet and Cinder finally cross paths, they both have major decisions to make in regards to their futures and how to save Earth from the Queen oh, and how to help the boys they love! The Lunar Chronicles continue for the next two years- how I will wait that long is a mystery I don't want to consider right now. But if you want to get started on a fantastic twisted fairy tale series, this is the one for you.  Love, love, love, the way Meyer has woven these fairy tales into a plot that makes you think- why hasn't someone done this before? We were lucky enough to have Marissa Meyer come and talk at our school and she was totally delightful. This makes the book even better when you get to meet the woman behind the curtain, so to speak. Anyway, enough with the all capital letters and the raving. I will leave it to you. But I will leave you with this- "What big eyes you have Grand-mere" Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...