Sunday, August 18, 2013

Rift

Well it's been a while my friends. And yes Rylee, I have finally finished Rift by Andrea Cremer. It didn't take me so long because I didn't enjoy it, on the contrary, I really liked the story. It took forever because my new school year has started and there is much to do to ensure that my 70 8th graders are entertained. This is the story of Ember, who had been promised at birth to serve Conatus. On her 16th birthday, the Guard comes to collect her against her father's wishes. But Ember can't wait to leave. She craves a life of adventure and service, not that of a dreary housewife to some nobelman of her father's choosing. What she finds is beyond her wildest dreams. She is trained to fight unnatural things and is surprised how much she loves it. She is reunited with her childhood friend Allistair and thinks nothing could ruin her mood. Until she is paired with Barrow, the strong, silent knight who will be training her. She is drawn to his strength and bravery. But life in the Guard is supposed to be a solitary one, so she is confused by her feelings for him. Meanwhile, Allistair has plans for them that Ember is horrified by. As the Guard is challenged by an evil force, one of their own may be behind it. The Guard must flee in the night as they prepare to take on that which can't be killed. Barrow and Ember must put their feelings on hold to save all that they hold dear. This is the prequel to the Nightshade series, which I haven't yet read and I look forward to getting to it in the future. For now, it's on to Rise, the sequel to see where Ember and Barrow end up. Which better be together, just sayin'! Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...