Monday, March 17, 2014

Wolfsbane

Let me start by saying, if I haven't already, I'm kinda into wolves right now. I'm hooked on the tv show Bitten (Greyston Holt- yes please). And now my addiction to Andrea Cremer's Nightshade series.  I was totally team Jacob too, by the way. All that being said, part two of this series finds Calla Tor, alpha of her pack, on the run after saving Shay from being a sacrifice. Only one problem, it means leaving her pack behind and her mate- Ren. She finds herself in the enemies camp, only to find, they aren't the enemy after all. She had been living with the enemy her whole life. Calla comes to find the Searchers are really the right side of the fight and the vehicle to her freedom. They find Shay is more than just a newly turned wolf and is the answer to saving the world. As the Searchers devise a plan to take down the Keepers, Calla must fight to save her pack, including her brother Ansel. This means trusting her new friends and their abilities against all her instincts. Oh, and there's the issue of Ren. Calla can't just turn her back on what they were supposed to be. She can't leave him behind knowing he risked his life to save her. She can't move forward with Shay when Ren is lurking in her memories. When a traitor is found in their midst, Calla must fight with everything she has to save all those she loves. But can she? I love this series and the new characters, Connor, Monroe, Ethan and even Adne add a new level of fun to the action. It shows that good people are lost in both sides of a war, and that you may find family where you least expect it. There is one more book to go, but I may take a break in between to finish the False Prince series. I know one of these wolf boys is going to have their heart broken and I have to prepare myself for that. It's a beautiful day here in SoCal and spring break has begun, so you know where I'll be, sitting on the porch, nose in a book... Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...