Saturday, November 28, 2015

Another Day

I love David Levithan's books. Haven't read one I disliked. One of my favorites was Everyday. It is the story of A, who jumps to a new body every day. He meets Rhiannon and falls in love and for the first time, tells someone about his life and his rules. He leaves her with Alexander, in hopes she can find happiness with him. Well this book is the same story from Rhiannon's point of view. It shares her feelings as she learns of A's life, his feelings for her, and her dysfunctional relationship with Justin. She must decide if the outside of a person matters if you love the inside. She must decide if she can deal with the life A presents to her. She must decide if her own happiness is more important than what other people think. I couldn't put this book down. I put off reading it for a while because the first one made me sad and happy, but mostly sad. This one leave me with more hope. If I could send David Levithan a post-it note, it would have a big, red heart on it. It doesn't matter which book you read first, it just matters that you read these books. It will make you question what is important and reaffirm that YOU are important. The kids in my classes who have read this will love this tale told from the other side. Know I did! Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...