Sunday, November 15, 2015

Queen of Shadows

Aelin. Aedion, Chaol. Rowan. Lysandra. Manon. Dorian. 645 pages of heart in throat reading. This is book 4 in the Throne of Glass series, so if this is your first time hearing about it, go back to book one and begin your epic journey with these spectacular characters. Aelin has finally come into her power and she is back in Rifthold to take out the King who has imprisoned her friend Dorian. She has actually come to kill Dorian and release him from the evil Valg prince inside him. Along the way she must reconcile with Chaol *sigh* and free her cousin from his execution. Oh, and free magic so that she can regain her kingdom. Busy assassin. Sarah Maas has created an amazing world filled with unforgettable characters. I am part glad I am finished and part sad that this part of the journey is over. I have mixed emotions about the romantic aspects of this book,  I really love Chaol and Rowan equally. I'm a little sad ,if truth be told, by the current situation. But I'll remind myself these are fictional characters and try and move on with my life. I love this series for the strong, independent female characters like Manon, head of the 13 who must decide if blind obedience is really her path. Or Lysandra, who gives up her own safety to protect a young girl. Or Asterin who must face death at Manon's hand for speaking up for what is right. And also for Sorscha and Nehemiah who gave up their lives in previous books to do what was right. This may be my favorite series ever, right up there with the Demon King series. Maas also has another series I am anxiously awaiting a sequel too. If you enjoy a world of Fae, shifters and supernatural shenanigans, I think you will fall in love with this world. It may even break you heart a little. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...