Sunday, December 10, 2017

The Assassin's Blade

So this is where it all begins. The birth of Celaena Sardothien who later becomes Aelin Galythinious greatest warrior princess of all time. Sorry Xena. This prequel to the Throne of Glass series is heartbreaking as I have read all the other book before this one. (Sorry Jael) I knew things would happen and they were as terrible as I thought they would be. But- there were glimpses of the characters that I have come to love above all others. A quick look at Dorian. Chaol guarding him. Lysandra driving her crazy. Yrene- oh Yrene- to know where you have come from only makes you more intriguing. And Sam. And Arobynn. And the Silent Assassins. And the pirates. Each story brought a new piece to the legend that is Aelin. I loved this book and have officially decided this is my favorite series. Oh, others are close but this one has never disappointed. Such great characters on such great quests it really leaves you wanting more. Thankfully, Sarah Maas's other series has a new tome on the way- back to Feyra and Rhysand. If you have never started the series, start here. If you are already on the journey, take a side trip through these novellas. I have to reread Empire of Storms now, because I think I missed a moment I need to recapture. I envy you my friends, if this will be your first experience. Enjoy every page. Happy reading my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...